Friday, August 21, 2009

Media and Me

I saw the Dr's show and they were talking about how people can permanently change their eye colors, have their hands lifted, faces injected, etc. I found it all really disturbing. I guess because it's like trying to keep up with the Jones of beauty and I'm made more aware of my own physical short comings. It starts to beat down my self-esteem. What happened to people naturally aging? I guess I don't want to age either but how far will we go? I want to move to some mountain where no one judges or cares about that stuff (not really). I wish people could forget trying to make Hollywood reality, because it's stressing me out. I'm not perfect and that's what makes me- ME! But then I see this media stuff and I think hey I might be "happier" if I had a pair of "those" on my chest or maybe I need a laser skin treatment. That's when I have to look inward and ask myself what's really the problem- because a band-aid only sticks so long.

No comments:

Post a Comment