Friday, August 14, 2009

How Blessed I am

A patient at the dental office told me a very short but touching story that made me well up inside. It was of mother who found out that her daughter of six years of age had cancer. She died within ten days of knowing. But during treatment she died 3 times fighting to stay alive. Then as the girl was passing she asked her mother to hold her like she use to when she was a baby. The thought of that still makes me want to cry for the mother. Children are so precious and touch us so sweetly that we often don't realize their impact till something so sad like that happens. I makes me feel so grateful for what I have right now and in this moment, and fearful of what I could lose. So my prayers go out to that mom and every soul that has had to face the unthinkable, and to God's little angels.

I have a poem that I write for my mom but I think it fits well here too.

If I was able to put into words
How much love there really is in this world
I'd surely be a poet beyond my years
But alas I can not say how beautiful life is
Only that it's perfect and preciously short
Let's remember to be thankful for all that we have
And to take the time for those that we love
To give of ourselves a little more
Lend a hand and open a door
Hug those who need hugging when words are not enough
And to be grateful of each other and not our stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment